SC - wedding feasts numbers

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Apr 11 07:14:23 PDT 1999

Setting a bad example?

Seriously, we are a small shire.  If there were a lot more members, we
wouldn't wear so many hats.  Everyone in our shire is doing at least one job
at our feast/event.  Our current autocrat assures me that we will have a
cleanup crew for our next event.  We will see.  Unfortunately, Things still
must get done.  We always try to leave a place better than we find it.  Its
surpassing how many really nice places let us use their facilities for free
while they charge others.  Yes, even after working a twenty hour day
preparing, cooking cleaning up, I and others have been known to come back in
the next day and shampoo or wax the feast hall floor.  Do we enjoy this?  No.
 Do we do it because we enjoy the end result, yes?  During our last event for
the first time, our head cook was able to join in the evening festivities.

I do not feel we are setting a bad example.  Rather, we work together doing
the grunt awful work so that we can have a nice event.  While we are in the
kitchen, others are working on other tasks.

If I have misunderstood your comment, I apologies.

Lord Frederich Holstein der Tollhase