SC - bread and spelt and my feast

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun Apr 11 19:45:07 PDT 1999

     In our home, where both of us cook, it has become common practice
that he/she who cooks does not clean up.  What better way to say 'thank
you'  for the cook's time and effort than to clean up the mess? Of
course, the amount of mess remaining depends on the cook.  I clean up as
I go and my lord will dirty every pot, pan, plate, and spoon in the place
before he'll wash one.
       As to clean up at events, we try to have clean up crews but being
a smaller Shire, sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't.  It
would be nice for those who ate to offer thanks by way of clean up.
Having done feasts in the Outlands and Ansteorra, it has been my
experience that the peerage in the Outlands is more likely to lend a hand
at the end of the feast.

Melusine