SC - Keeping out the idle curious

THL Caitlin Ruadh ruadh at twcny.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 06:07:36 PDT 1999

> >My version of that, from the Miscellany:
> >"What do you call the last man out of the kitchen at an event?"
> >"Your Majesty"
> >Old joke.
> >Unfortunately.
> >
> >David/Cariadoc
>

> And I can remember, in AS XVIII, when we became a barony, the last thing
> that needed to be done was a check of the men's bathroom before
> the last of
> us could leave the hall. A race ensued between several men to get there,
> which was won by King William the Lucky...
>
> It's been a long time since I've seen a prince or territorial baron or
> knight fight for that kind of privilege.

Depends on where you live - Earl Sir Yngvar the Dismal chased me out of the
kitchen from doing dishes this weekend to go change, since I couldn't just
pull my tunic over my head and pull on a t-shirt the way he could.   I
regularly get kicked out of my kitchen at cleanup time by Count's/Earl's and
Dukes.  That's part of why I love AEthelmearc so much!

Ruadh