SC - after feast thank yous

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Mon Apr 12 20:32:04 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/12/99 7:26:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Clay at talstar.com
writes:

<<  Don't
 know that I have ever come across anyone with a problem with Fava Beans.
What
 happens with certain those individuals?  I would like to be prepared if I
ever
 have to call 911.

 Isabella/Dee >>

 FAVISM: An acute hemolytic anemia, usually in persons of Mediterranean area
descent, occurring when an individual with glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase
deficiency of erythrocytes eats the beans or inhales the pollen of Vicia
faba.
[McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms]

Avisit to the following site should give you more information:

http://rialto.com/favism/

Ras