SC - My latest feast (and a few comments)

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 13 02:09:55 PDT 1999

Lady Luveday Tyreman gave the menu and report of the Terpsichore at
the Tower V feast.

> First of all, here is the menu, all of the recipes (except for the Pasta
> with Pesto Sauce ) are from "The Medieval Kitchen", by Rendon, et al.

> Genoa salami
> roasted garlic spread

Did you actually make the salami? If so, I'd love to hear more details.
We've talked about various sausages before, but I'm not really sure
how salami differs. It is air dried perhaps?

I haven't looked in "The Medieval Kitchen" yet. Feel free to tell me
to go look there, but this roasted garlic spread sounds interesting
and I'd love to hear more details. We did have a discussion on this
list a year or two ago about whether roasted garlic was period or
not. I don't think anyone gave any evidence that it was, then.

The roasted onion salad sounded good too. But I imagine that is in
"The Medieval Kitchen".

Thanks.
  Stefan

- --