SC - A Bit Belated Intro

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Apr 13 11:19:53 PDT 1999

> I think Frederich has a good point here, within reason. If I get yelled at
> everytime I step through the kitchen door, whether I'm looking to see
> if there might be some ice for a drink or whether I'm checking to see if
> there is anything I can do to help, I'm darn well going to think about
> it before I open that door again in either case. There is already the
> problem of "out of sight, out of mind". Creating the idea of cliques of irate
> cooks doesn't help create a welcome atmosphere where people want to come in
> and help. And it will certainly scare off those folks who are more timid
> or are unsure of whether they might be of help in the kitchen.
>
> --
> Lord Stefan li Rous

Please forgive me for listing the entire post but there is a lot I agree
with here. Sorry Ras, but I feel dealing with "drop-ins" with courtesy
makes for happier times for everyone. If someone is just hanging out in
the kitchen then I'll encourage them to help or if there are too many people
in a small space I'll have the extras leave and explain why. I've never had
anyone cop an attitude. I don't mind getting ice for people or whatever.

Usually the bystanders are willing to help if they know what to do and if
there's nothing for them to do they will usually stay out of the way.

Yours,

Gunthar