SC - RE: Cherry soup? Or cherry pudding?

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Wed Apr 14 14:14:20 PDT 1999

Ok, now that we've flailed Platina to death, how about
our 14th century friend, Taillevent.  First search gave me
four different publications:

Amazon lists the 4th one (based on the vatican ms.) as a special order
 book for $10.00.  Is it worth it?  Which one should I persue on
Inter Library Loan?  Thanks for any/all help.
	-----wade/Gille
	whutchis at bucknell.edu

AUTHOR:  Taillevent, ca. 1315-1395.
TITLE:   The cookery book : the edition of the printed book
	in the Bodleian Library, Oxford, annotated with an introduction,
	appendices, glossary and index
PUBLISHER:  [s.n.], (Michael Sessions & Colleagues (printer))
NOTES:      Cover title: Taillevent : le viandier. Old French text of:
Le viandier de Taillevent. Includes bibliographical references and index.
ALT TITLE:  Viandier de Taillevent. English & French (Old French)
OTHER:      Atkinson, David, 1932 Dec. 3- Taillevent : le viandier.

AUTHOR:  Taillevent, ca. 1315-1395.
TITLE:   Le viandier de Guillaume Tirel dit Taillevent
PLACE:   Lille :
PUBLISHER: R. Lehoucq,
YEAR:      1991 1892
NOTES:     Reprint. Originally published: Paris : Techener, 1892.
		Includes bibliographical references (p. [xlix]-lxviii) and indexes.
ALT TITLE:  Viandier de Taillevent
OTHER:      Pichon, Jérôme, baron, 1812-1896. Vicaire, Georges,
		1812-1896. Aebischer, Paul, 1897-

AUTHOR:  Taillevent, ca. 1315-1395.
TITLE:   The viandier of Taillevent : an edition of all extant manuscripts
PLACE:   [Ottawa] :
PUBLISHER:  University of Ottawa Press,
YEAR:       1988
NOTES:  Old French text of: Le viandier de Taillevent, with English
translation and introduction. Includes bibliographical references (p.
323-341)
ALT TITLE:  Viandier de Taillevent. English & French (Old French)
OTHER:      Scully, Terence, 1935-

AUTHOR:  Taillevent, ca. 1315-1395.
TITLE:   Le Viandier de Taillevent : 14th century cookery,
	   based on the Vatican Library manuscript
EDITION:  2nd ed.
PLACE:    Eugene, Or. :
PUBLISHER:  Alfarhaugr Pub. Society,
YEAR:    1989
NOTES:   Translation of: Viandier de Taillevent. Includes bibliographical
	references (p. 95-99).
ALT TITLE:  Viandier de Taillevent. English
OTHER:      Prescott, James, 1948- Biblioteca apostolica vaticana