SC - Tomatoes

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Wed Apr 14 18:27:01 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: lilinah at grin.net <lilinah at grin.net>

Anahita said...
<snip>
>I rather dread the thought of a national chain. I think we lose something
>when smaller idiosyncratic regional businesses with local specialties
>become subsumed in a national corporation with a more homogeneous approach.

Not necessarily. While I enjoy the vast variety a larger grocery store
provides in one place, I still patronize the smaller more specialized venues
for my choicer purchases. This way it is a win win situation for all. I
don't believe that the monolith conglomerations will absorb the specialty
shops although perhaps it may get rid of a few second rate grocery stores
that need weeding out anyway.

Micaylah