SC - Tomatoes

William Seibert a14h at zebra.net
Thu Apr 15 06:42:34 PDT 1999

At 12:34 AM 4/15/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>        I am doing my first feast with-in a month. The hall will hold 100,
>but my shire advisers said to plan for 48. I am making meat pies and
>dumplings ahead and freezing them. But my real concern is what do I do if
>the morning of the event 50 more people decide to stay for feast. Do I run
>to the store and buy all the food over again and make every thing again.
>This point is making me real nervous. I will welcome any of your suggestions
>or horror stories (only if they have HAPPY ENDINGS)
>
>Anna OftderTurm

First, decide that no matter what the feast will happen, and happen
successfully.  I would make a plan to add other things that you could
prepare that day if you get more people.  A stew, if you have kitchen help
to cut everything.  Plain rice, which is almost always welcome, especially
if you have a lot of vegetarians.  A salad, if you have people to cut.  You
could add more pies if you used already prepared crusts that day if you had
someone to do the prep work.  Maybe you could add mushroom pasties instead,
Cariadoc's recipe is good.

HTH.

Angeline