SC - RE: SC roughing the listeners

Lady Elisabeth pndarvis at execpc.com
Thu Apr 15 14:58:33 PDT 1999

> REALLY?  And where will this event with the most wonderous of themes be?
> Mistress Christianna MacGrain
> mermayde at juno.com

The Festival of Mermaids is May 14,15,16 in Manitowoc, WI, which is just
south and east of Green Bay, WI near beautiful Lake Michigan.  (For those of
you who may not know where that is, WIs is shaped like your left hand with
the thumb sticking out.  manitowoc is located where the main joint of your
thumb connects to your hand on the eastern side, along the lake.  about an
hour 20min north of milwaukee, so about 2 1/2 to 3hrs north of chicago along
the lake)  It is the first camping event of the year, the event is about
100-150 people, with fighting, equestrian, archery, and lots of kids
activities.  It is in the Shire of Turm am dem Sea.  There feast is usually
sat evening for about 80 people, I have been in the kitchen the last 3
years, and while it is not always 100% period, they try hard.  Good food.
Several Fish dishes.  We love travelers, they are especially welcome.  We
give a travelers prize every year for those persons who travel furthest to
be at this event.  We have folks from Minneapolis and S Dakota who travel in
for it (Mnpls-6 1/2hrs, SD-8hrs) because it is a favorite.  It's the perfect
"first timer" event.  There are always many good food stuffs and many good
"When Northshield went to war" stories.