SC - another - Rose water question

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Apr 16 16:14:26 PDT 1999

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 THLRenata at aol.com wrote:

>  I have a beautiful glass sprinkle bottle, which I keep filled with rose
> water in my ice-chest at tourneys -- just the thing for a little refreshment
> on a hot day.  A splah on the wrist or neck really makes the heat tolerable.

I keep a basin on a stand in my tourney kitchen, filled with water with a
few drops of bleach (for anti-bacterial purposes) and a shot of rosewater
to cover the bleach smell. It's good for those quick rinses while chopping
veggies, etc, and there's soap and a nail brush for real washing up. I
also put rosewater in the water when I do the handwashing thing for the
high table at feasts. A nice touch, I think.

On a similar note, I discovered a couple of years ago that Dr. Bronner's
Castile Soap is terrific for the bath water at tourneys- the peppermint or
eucalyptus are both quite refreshing on a hot day or for a fighter coming
off of the field, and the eucalyptus tends to keep the bugs away. It also
come in a rose scent if you want to keep the theme...

'Lainie (who is itching to get back to tourney season, but has to get the
pavilion done first!)
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731