Expanding a feast (was Re: SC - First Feast)

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Apr 16 20:13:43 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/16/99 7:43:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< What would you think of having a late-comer's board, consisting of things
 that could be thrown together on the last day?   >>

I think this adds unnecessary burden on the cook, offers a door for those who
do not tke the time to pre-reg or who have decided to wait and see where
their 'friends' are going for the weekend, and adds a degree of expectation
that is neither good nor serves any useful purpose other than providing a
convenient way to get fed if they don't pre-reg.

I also think that siometimes we look for far too many loopholes for event
goers to be ccommedated and this is just one more loophole. Placing extra
burdens on the cook the day of the event is wrong and should be discouraged
rather than encouraged.

I do not mean to be discourteous in anyway but, IMO, this idea is a very bad
idea and should not be persued on any level.

Ras