SC - Feeding servers

RoseThstle@aol.com RoseThstle at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 08:08:11 PDT 1999

This practice of clean as you cook gives all the more credence to asking
a group of OTHER people come in afterwards to clean what is left.  If I
am in the kitchen cooking for 12 hours, and cleaning as I go, I believe
that someone else needs to provide additional assistance to my staff to
cleanup the remnants of service and leftovers.  We've done our 12 hours
cook/clean.  It does not seem unreasonable to ask assistance after that.

On a related note, I look at offering to help clean in this light.  When
I am not preparing or helping in the kitchen, I see offering after the
feast to help clean as a respectful gesture to the kitcheners in
appreciation of their day-long efforts.  I think it is one of then most
honorable accolades that people can afford a feast staff.  If you
enjoyed and appreciated being fed an enormous meal for $5 or so, being
prepared by your comerades .... go lend a hand for 30 minutes helping
put the kitchen to rest.  If everyone showed similar appreciation, no on
would have to sped more than 30 minutes for the task.

Another related note...I do not believe that my home Barony of over 200
people on the roles (some 50 to 80 active) should have to send Heralds
to ask for help.  We should have people enough to perform these tasks
without that.  We should afford an opportunity for others to get some
skin in the game and feel a part, but not demand volunteers from the
paying crowd.  Just my humble opinions.

niccolo difrancesco