SC - legal woggism, was Rose water question

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Apr 20 12:01:27 PDT 1999

hi from Anne-Marie
Margaret sez:At 12:46 PM 4/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi.  I don't seem to see much in the way of palete cleansers.  With so many
>different meats and spice combinations it may be an idea worth visiting.

well, we have several lighter salads sprinkled throughout, at least one in
each course. does that count as a palate cleanser? The modern concept of
ices between is not very western european medieval, to my reading. if folks
know differently, I'd love to hear it!

>With all this "heavy" food, are you planning on any between course
>entertainment?  I am usually dizzy with the amount of food that gets taken
>out and taken away with not quite enough time for folks to actually taste
>and enjoy.
yep. tho I dont want to give them too much time between, or else they'll
realize just how much they had to eat :) and stop. I'm figureing 1/2? pound
of meat TOTAL for the whole banquet, plus attendant side dishes, and
desserts. They're getting two prawns, for example. a 1/2 of a chicken
thigh, a small hunk of lamb, etc. Sounds stingy, but when you pile it all
up, it will be oodles (no one has ever accused me of skimping :)).

>I also agree that a subtilty is a great idea.
again the yrchons, etc?

>Just my two cents.

great ideas! thank you very much. its hard to do stuff without exactly this
kind of reality check.

- --AM