SC - distilling

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Wed Apr 21 17:12:32 PDT 1999

Micaylah wrote:

> Three courses (not "removes" - no such word)

> head cooks (not "feastocrat" - no such word)

Sorry, this is the terminology used up here.  This is another reason I don't like research.  How can I
possibly learn everything from scratch and why when so many have already done it.  Language, food, clothing,
hair, crafts, arms and armor... I can't learn everything all at once and I have to rely on those who have
come before me.

> WELL beforehand. As well, do a site visit, 2 if necessary.

Did you miss my comment about being a 3 hour drive away.  A site visit would have been nice, but not
feasable.  Also, one of the cooks lived 3 hours past that, in essence 6 hours from me.  Made planning
difficult.

> A feast doesn't just cook itself, there is much preplanning
> involved as well as what can be pre-cooked and frozen without losing the
> quality of the dish itself.

This was done, but things still have to be reheated.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Caitlin