SC - distilling

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 19:12:20 PDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Cathy Harding wrote:

> Last Samhain, the Barony of Three mountains (portland Oregon) had a postluck
> event with a contest for best finger food.
<snip>
> We did "finger" food out of the marchpane, painted them to look like actual
> fingers, small ones, thumbs, alien fingers, fingers with rings on (they are
> jewelers after all).  We stood them in puddles of red and green (for the
> alien ones)melted and strained jelly on a plate.
> Some people felt they were a little too realistic.... most everyone got a
> laugh it was fun. we won a prize....

I was there, in my ORANGE houppelande with leaves on my head, and I
remember the 'ladyfingers' all too well! I couldn't bring myself to eat
one, and I usually like marzipane. I was grateful that there was no 'head'
table...

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731