SC - Goat roast help requested

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 19:29:09 PDT 1999

So basically what you are saying is that unless someone wrote it down in the exact form
that you prepare you don't bother.  I doubt it.  Is all your garb (oh, sorry, not a
medievil term) clothing made from period fabrics?  Are your shoes home made?  Or do you
do your best with what you have?  Does recreation have to be so strict?  One of the
things I like(d) about the SCA was the fact that people could do things however they
felt was appropriate for them.  I don't like being told that adapting a modern recipe
to a medievil style is not "recreation".  The basic fundamentals are there.  Roasting
chicken with herbs is, as far as I know, period.  If not, please tell me that.  But
don't tell me that what I am doing is not recreation.  It may not be your way, but it
is not wrong.

Now, what I really wanted to know was if any of the fundamentals were wrong - the
ingredients, the style, etc.  If anyone cares to advise me on that, please do.  Just
don't tell me I'm not playing the right way.

Thanks,
Caitlin