SC - My first time.. (Recipes)

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Wed Apr 21 23:49:14 PDT 1999

>>we've also ahve requests for the gilded jello (white and gold checky
pattern) dish again...<<

Now, that's one I'd like to hear about, AM!  I've been trying to make
'chessboards' with pea puree and bean puree, but they are a mess, so far.
 When I freeze the puree enough to handle it, it is too hard to cut into
the squares, and when I let it soften a little it goes smoosh.  Once I
get the handling process correct, it will go into a coffin formed over a
square baking pan and baked blind.  I'm still trying to find the box that
contains the candy molds--I really thought I had some chess pieces.
They'll be chocolate, and the whole thing will be an entremet.  The pea
is flavored with lemon and mint, the bean is spicier--a warm flavor.

Ought to be fun if I get it worked out!

I may be doing the creme boyled as an entremet., decorated with rose
petals.  It works as a palate cleanser.  I agree that ices weren't used
in England much in that way.  Shouldn't anything cool and blandly
pleasant work, though?  Have also thought of chilled fruit.

I was really surprised at your meat amounts.  If I can get away with
that, I can do a much better feast.
When you serve the prawns, 2 per person, how do you get them to only take
2?  The wait person can say 'only 2' but out here, the quickest fighter
would scoop the dish and send it back for a re-fill.

Autocrat says 'lots of meat', king says 'I'm a vegetarian'  AAAck!!  Can
you say 'challenge'?  ;-)  I'm doing enough veggie research to be ready
to teach a class--and I'm going to be a better Kitchen Steward as a
result of it.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA