SC - another - Rose water question

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 08:23:45 PDT 1999

> To any complaints about odd things in food my mother always says "you
> have to eat a peck of dirt before you're 21 so there's a bit".
>
> Bonne

On NPR on Sunday am, they were talking about increased organ diseases in
certain areas, one of the things that came up was the correlation of
increased amounts of dirt in the diet relating to kidney damage.  Started
these studies back during the "dust bowl" years.  I usually do the "heard it
on NPR, must be true. . ." and one of the groups studied were the people
that will sit down and actually just eat dirt, or add dirt to meals, like a
group of women in Georgia that swear the white clay in the area cures nausea
from Pregnancy . . .