SC - another - Rose water question

Gryphon's Moon margritt at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 22 11:54:25 PDT 1999

I'm not sure who said this, but Jeff Gedney quoted it:
>  I was there with the dogs last year.  Even the mild was a bit spicy for me
>  (recovering from being raised in basic spiceless american household).  I
>  still remember the "manly" Tuchux men going with the medium to mild mix and
>  the reactions of the few who tried the killer version. <eg>  I loved the
>  chili, just need to get my tastebuds up to speed.

Totally OT, but there used to be a Jamaican bar-b-q around here (Berkeley
CA). My daughter had been eating hot spicey food since she was about 2
years old - her own choice (she'd snatch HOT Thai food off my plates in
restaurants). We had just moved to Berkeley when she was 8 and we went to
this bar-b-q restaurant.

Two construction workers walked, big, burly, manly, in their work boots,
jeans. plaid shirts, and leather tool belts. They ordered ribs with medium
sauce.

My daughter and i ordered the "watch out!" sauce. The waitress stood over
us watching us eat, amazed that an 8-year-old could eat this stuff. It was
quite hot, but very flavorful - hot, sour, sweet, fruity, etc.

The construction workers ordered a second plateful - with the mild sauce.

Anahita Gaouri bint-Karim al-Fassi