SC - from the dist list; OT,OOP

Kappler, MMC Richard A. KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Thu Apr 22 12:28:41 PDT 1999

>Margritte,
>
>I like your method.  Does it taste the same as purchased rose water?
>Have you tried it in recipes?
>
>Regards,
>
>Allison
>allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
>Kingdom of Aethelmearc

I blush to admit that I've never tried the purchased rose water. My rose
bush is rather prolific, and blooms all summer. I couldn't use all the
petals even if I wanted to. Has anyone tried making rose water and then
freezing it? Hmmm... a freezer full of little pink ice cubes.... It might
work  :-)

I've used my homemade rose water in gingerbread, candied rose petals, sugar
paste, and probably some other experiments that aren't jumping to mind
right now. The most popular were the candied petals, which I served with
candied mint leaves, reconstructed into flowers on the plate. I generally
find that I can only take so much of the rose smell in my food before it
starts to taste wrong to me. Different people have different tolerances.

- -Margritte

Gryphon's Moon - 14K Gold & Silver Celtic rings and more!
To make your shopping easier we accept VISA & MasterCard.

Check out our web site at: <http://www.gryphonsmoon.com>
Or email us at <mailto:sales at gryphonsmoon.com>