SC - Re: Getting hot

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 22 12:28:41 PDT 1999

> 	The thermonuclear (and I did sign my waiver, thank
> 	you ) is excellent eaten cold for breakfast the
> 	next morning.  :-)
>
> Berengaria

It sounds strange but the chili is very good served cold to the fighters
in the field battle the next day. I wasn't too sure about it but it
was wonderful between battles.

I just came back from lunch where I dined at a place called (I'm NOT making
this up) "Love and War in Texas". I had their bowl of Buffalo meat chili and
a side Caesar salad. The bowl came out and was just large enough to feed a
small border town for lunch. It was pretty tasty with flavors of ancho,
jalapeno and habanero along with sauces of jalapeno, cayenne and habanero
peppers to doctor as you please.

The meat wasn't chunked but at least it was coarse ground. There was not
enough cumin flavor but there seemed to be a bit of vinegar. It did have
tomatoes but no beans. A bit too salty but very good. The salad was a
good counter to the fire, especially since I added habanero and jalapeno
sauce to it. A steamed flour tortilla was on the side which was better
than saltines but I was hoping for the stone ground cornbread they had
advertised.

A pretty good lunch in a nice place devoted to Texas cuisine.

Yours,

Gunthar (I'm going to regret this at fighter practice tonight) Jonsson