SC - Saffron

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 17:58:48 PDT 1999

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> I think what we should show Caitlin is some examples of stuffed roasted
> chickens and directions to a couple of the websites so she can see
> how easy and tasty period dishes can be.

Caitlin would much appreciate that. <grin>

> Once she has discovered that
> not all period food sucks

I realize that already.  I have prepared and tasted some documented dishes that
were fantastic.  I just don't feel that all the dishes at a feast have to be.

> I do believe that once she starts seeing some of the groovy recipes
> that get posted here she may change her attitude and try a few

Looking forward to it.  (Yummm)  Planning to try some of the garlic recipes
Brighid posted.  They look fantastic (but then garlic usually does!)

Thanks to all of you who wrote to me (privately or on the list) with suggestions
and encouragement.  I didn't mean to start a war (I'll leave that to Kings and
Princes <grin>).  I'm sorry if anything I have said or done offended anyone.  I
didn't mean to anger anyone (including myself).  The most important thing (I
think) is that the people we feed enjoy the food without losing the SCA
experience.  Considering the reaction I received to the chicken last weekend
(which was served with two documented dishes in the course) I think that
happened.  I hope that we can all help each other to that goal.  I do
appreciated all the help you have all given me so far.  I think I will go back
to watching quietly.

Thanks again,
Caitlin