SC - Brewing/Vintning PA law

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Apr 22 22:47:57 PDT 1999

Sindara writes:

> Subject: Re: SC - Questions on Sekainjabin

> When I make sekainjabin I use cider vinegar and Celestial Seasonings mint
> magic tea bags.  Sometimes I vary the flavor by adding a rasberry leaf
tea
> bag or a Bengal Spice tea bag which has cinnamon, cardamon and ginger.
>  It has gotten good reviews.

Horrible Confession Time:  ;-)

At a rather Euro-centric feast I did a while back, I provided two
beverages:  grape juice ("wine") and iced tea ("ale.")  Since I didn't want
to use *blatantly* OOP black tea, I substituted good old Bengal Spice, my
favorite iced-tea tea and still OOP but less obnoxiously so.  I think I may
have sliced some fruit in there as well; I forget.

The husband of a very excellent cook in our area came up to me midway
through the feast and asked for some more of my "wonderful sekanjabin."  I
blushed furiously and confessed what I had done.  He thought it was quite
funny; and told me it really *did* taste like good sekanjabin...  :-)

I still laugh about it...

	- kat