SC - Fayettevilles (was hi I'm new)

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 11:56:13 PDT 1999

cook the two different purees seperately in sheets, then cut and
assemble the board.  The cooked puree should still be mushy enough to
mush away the seam between the types.  Letting the dish "settle" may
solve the seam problem but you might have to gently smooth the seam
closed.  Or, pipe something down each seam to fill it in.

>From: "Butterfield, Margaret" <msbutterfield at mail.aacc.cc.md.us>
>To: "'sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG'" <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
>Subject: RE: SC - SC: feedback for menu, please!
>Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:55:01 -0400
>
>Have you considered making "fences" in the pan?  You could make them
from
>painted chocolate or crackers, sliced turnip strips, etc.  The
wayward puree
>would be kept neatly secure.

Once I
>> get the handling process correct, it will go into a coffin formed
over a
>> square baking pan and baked blind.  I'm still trying to find the
box that
>> contains the candy molds--I really thought I had some chess pieces.
>> They'll be chocolate, and the whole thing will be an entremet.  The
pea
>> is flavored with lemon and mint, the bean is spicier--a warm
flavor.

>> Ought to be fun if I get it worked out!
>>
>> I may be doing the creme boyled as an entremet., decorated with
rose
>> petals.  It works as a palate cleanser.  I agree that ices weren't
used
>> in England much in that way.  Shouldn't anything cool and blandly
>> pleasant work, though?  Have also thought of chilled fruit.
>>
>> I was really surprised at your meat amounts.  If I can get away
with
>> that, I can do a much better feast.
>> When you serve the prawns, 2 per person, how do you get them to
only take
>> 2?  The wait person can say 'only 2' but out here, the quickest
fighter
>> would scoop the dish and send it back for a re-fill.
>>
>> Autocrat says 'lots of meat', king says 'I'm a vegetarian'  AAAck!!
 Can
>> you say 'challenge'?  ;-)  I'm doing enough veggie research to be
ready
>> to teach a class--and I'm going to be a better Kitchen Steward as a
>> result of it.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Allison
>> allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh,
PA

http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
>> or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

SCA-Cooks".

SCA-Cooks".