SC -beef stew, was period fruit pastries

Tue Apr 27 14:16:13 PDT 1999

- ------=_NextPart_000_00F3_01BE90C0.7CD1D700

All I meant to do by stating I was raised in the South, was to give some =
background cooking history -- not raise the question of North vs South =
and all that entails.

Due to my Southern upbringing, I adapted very easily to medieval =
cooking.  Having been raised using bacon grease for frying almost =
everything and to flavor the rest -- not counting sweets, and to =
consider meat the most important ingredient of a meal made for easy =
adjustment to period cooking.  Lard for pastry doesn't faze me - even =
tho' we used Crisco as a modern substitute -- doesn't go rancid near as =
easily.

Laura
 =20

- ------=_NextPart_000_00F3_01BE90C0.7CD1D700

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft =
Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE>
<!--
body {
margin-left: 4em;
color: "#427D64";
font-size: 12pt;
font-weight: regular;
font-family: "Arial";
}
- -->
</STYLE>

</HEAD>
<BODY background=3DIvy.gif bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>All I meant to do by stating I was raised in the South, was to give =
some=20
background cooking history -- not raise the question of North vs South =
and all=20
that entails.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Due to my Southern upbringing, I adapted very easily to medieval=20
cooking.  Having been raised using bacon grease for frying almost=20
everything and to flavor the rest -- not counting sweets, and to =
consider meat=20
the most important ingredient of a meal made for easy adjustment to =
period=20
cooking.  Lard for pastry doesn't faze me - even tho' we used =
Crisco as a=20
modern substitute -- doesn't go rancid near as easily.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Laura</DIV>  </BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00F3_01BE90C0.7CD1D700--