SC - Pigs for Pennsic.

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 19:44:04 PDT 1999

"Sharon R. Saroff" wrote:

> I was noting basically that there are "stew" type dishes in period and
> using Cholent, Hameem and Dafina as my examples.  In previous posts a while
> back I gave several books as my sources.
>
> Sindara

No argument there. I was saying, and am saying again, that _in the _
_current_ _ (as in, not a month ago) discussion_, no examples of a
typical meat-and-several veggies stew, as of the time I made the claim
earlier today, seemed to have been raised. Meat and herbs, yes, meat and
one vegetable, yes.  "Stew", in the sense Cariadoc used it in, he being
one of the initiators of the discussion, no.

Subsequently, both you and I gave examples of meat-and-several veggies
stews.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy