SC - Feast Steward vs. Cook

MAGGIE SECARA SECARAM at mainsaver.com
Thu Apr 29 17:40:27 PDT 1999

At 05:43 AM 4/29/99 -0600, you wrote:
>as wanda has already described, there was an incident many years ago ( i
>was there but don't remember the year, maybe pennsic nine or ten ) when
>the horde brought in a pig, butchered it badly, disturbed their neighbors
>for a long ways around, and then didn't even bother to bury the guts,
>attracting swarms of flies and leaving an -awful- mess.

Forgive me, oh munificient list-master, but I just *have* to correct
this.  This incident pre-dates me.  It does not, however, predate any
number of my brothers.

So, here's the scoop.

First, it was not a pig, but either a goat or a lamb.  Second, the
poor hapless creature was lead around Pennsic for a day or two
before the butchering, treated as a "pet" ("Why, yes, children,
of course you can pet him), and then was butchered for the evening
meal, in front of a lot of people, including the aforementioned
children.  Third, the "remains" were (sort of) dealt with.  They
were buried, shallowly, and the Coopers found the mess about a
week after the war.  Fourth, the butchering job was VERY bad.

And, finally, it was NOT the Horde.  It was the Tuchux.

Names of reliable witnesses available upon request.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled food discussions.  I
just couldn't have this story going around, ascribed to my "family."

Fiondel