SC - Feast Steward vs. Cook

lilinah@grin.net lilinah at grin.net
Fri Apr 30 09:06:35 PDT 1999

Morning Folks -

I got some good news yesterday - one of my assistants is cooking my Barony's
big feast next year!  Since I got into cooking in the SCA I've been doing
primarily the feast thing - 5 years of it now, with 2+ big feasts per year,
plus helping wherever I am.  I am REALLY looking forward to turning over
that gauntlet.

That being said, however, I am starting to think in terms of A&S
Competitions.  I have judged one, and got some good ideas from it about what
to do (and what NOT to do - like garnishing with poisonous flowers or
serving ANY kind of Pea Soup cold) but am seriously thinking about entering
one in about 3 weeks.   It will be held at a weekend camping event, so my
access to my fancy cooking stuff will be severely limited (although that may
be for the best).

Anyway, I'd love some advice from those more experienced with these kinds of
competitions on what types of recipes present well under the circumstances!

Thanks
Ruadh

- --
Becki Tants