SC - feasts or just period foods.

Tollhase1 at aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 29 17:16:56 PDT 1999

First let me apologies If my messages have seemed incoherent of late.  Tore
ligaments in my foot and I am on pain killers.

I love to do both.  Although its harder to cook purely period for large
groups.  I realize that many would argue this point.  Something's are easier
done in small quantities.  Our cooking guild gets together and tries to make
something very period.  We are guilty of tasting them with feasts in mind.  I
sometimes use my Mundane charity cooking to test my recipes.  My first
attempt at orange apple tarts for a 100.00 a plate dinner.  It had to be
good.  If you can please little old Methodist ladies in there kitchen, you
can please a feast hall.  I am thinking of making my period ravelloie for
mother's day banquet.  My church thinks its cute that I cook medieval stuff.

One of the reasons that I joined this list was to aquire the expertise of
those whom have been cooking medieval feasts for years.  I have enjoyed the
discussions of translations and how and when food is served.  There is so
much to learn.

Hope this helps.

Frederich