SC - My latest feast (and a few comments)

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 13 02:09:55 PDT 1999

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> I haven't looked in "The Medieval Kitchen" yet. Feel free to tell me
> to go look there, but this roasted garlic spread sounds interesting
> and I'd love to hear more details. We did have a discussion on this
> list a year or two ago about whether roasted garlic was period or
> not. I don't think anyone gave any evidence that it was, then.
> The roasted onion salad sounded good too. But I imagine that is in
> "The Medieval Kitchen".

I had to special order mine from the University, but it came this week.
Never never never read a book like this when you're on a diet! A quick
skim looked pretty good- I have yet to thoroughly read it (school foo) but
I suspect it will be well worth the $$ and hassle.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731