Expanding a feast (was Re: SC - First Feast)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Apr 16 20:13:43 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/16/99 8:31:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kat at kagan.com
writes:

<< But the incredible relaxing sensation of knowing you have a secret extra
 dish available if it's needed, in case someone drops the blancmanger on the
 floor, runs dishwater in the bean pot while the beans are soaking in it,
 etc., etc.--it's almost like buying insurance.  Cheap at twice the price.

 Just my two cents...

 Hugs,

 	- kat >>

Your sentiments are admirable but  to expect such an ocurence, or more to the
point, for me to ytake funds away from the feast allotment to provide for
people who do not pre-reg and expect to be fed anyway is not only unethical
but absurd. Were I to find that 1.oo or even a nickel of my feast fees was
being set aside for this purpose I would be very irrate and would not
recommend anyone attend that event again without exception.

The nice thing about our shire and my household is you get what you pay for,
you do not pay for others to play under any circumstances. Rather than
loosening the rules for numbers on-board , we should be encouraging new cooks
especailly to stick to thgeir original figures , no matter what. If a person
did not pre-reg and shows up  to eat and did not bring their own food. I
sympathize but , the bottom line is they should not expect to eat if they
mafe last minute decisions to attend the event.

Lucky, for the few, I have been known to feed beggars. In fact, I have no
problem with the concept of someone begging at the back door. .but I say
let's call a spade a spade and provide yet another mwans to add stress to the
Kitchen Stewards already burdensome load.

Ras

Ras