SC - Re: Borage

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 12:36:47 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/17/99 2:26:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddendy at silk.net
writes:

<< The fuzzy leaves have a nice cucumbery
 taste, good in drinks and also nice chopped fine in a salad. Choose young
 leaves, which are not quite as fuzzy, and chp small -- I've discovered not
 everyone likes their salad fuzzy ;) The blue flowers are also very
 attractive floated in a punchbowl.

 Francesco Sirene >>

Francesco's comment that borage self-seeds is putting it mildly. I grew a few
plants one year about 6 years ago and have had more than plenty as well as
weeding the seedlings out of that garden plot each year. The flowers are
beautiful, do I also remember correctly that they can be "candied" like
violets and violas for confection use?
Aelfwyn