SC - Greetings and Chicken

Wendy penguin2 at telusplanet.net
Wed Apr 21 17:05:22 PDT 1999

david friedman wrote:

>  If you modify the recipe by removing the
> one ingredient you know is out of period, you still have no reason to think
> it is a medieval recipe--no more than if you had simply invented the recipe
> yourself, making sure to use no new world ingredients.

I simply want to make sure that the recipe *could* be period.  That some cook
somewhere (who never bothered to write it down for the future) could have made it
in Europe in the Middle Ages.  I don't want to offend anyone with any glaring
errors.

Thanks for the substitution suggestions.  Wouldn't viniger be a bit more bitter
than lemon - what should I do to compensate for that?

Thanks again,
Caitlin