SC - Goat roast help requested

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 21 19:42:19 PDT 1999

Margaret, I would love to have some recipes for goat.  I have a small
food store down the street that caters to the Jamaican crowd (There
must be a crowd, or there wouldn't be a store, right?), and they carry
goat.

My household has a tradition of doing a goat roast every summer
(mildly evil reason).  Since one member has a rosemary tree (yes,
TREE, no bush has any right to be _that_ big!), and we all have a
passion for garlic, we larded the meat with both rosemary and garlic
slivers, marinated it in vinegar/pepper/honey for a day, and then
cooked it slowly in a browning bag.  It was supposed to be cooked on a
grill, but we're in Portland, Oregon, and sunshine in early summer is
a problematic thing.

Came out Yummy!
Regina