SC - WAS-primary sources (long)

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 16:50:53 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/29/99 6:59:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> lyonsden19 at hotmail.com writes:
>
> << Am I an exception or do most
>  never get allergy reservations for their feasts? >>
>
> I have never gotten more than 2 allergy reservations for any given feast.
> When I have gotten them they were irrelevant from the standpoint of the
> kitchen because I don't use the same ingredients in every dish. For instance,
> a mushroom allergy I had once was easy to take care of because none of the
> dishes had mushrooms in.

Sometimes, even one dish can cause lots of problems.  We need to be careful
aboutcross-contamination.  Another thing to remember is -- often allergens are
carried in the
volatile oil of a food/plant/whatever.  While I expect people to be able to take
care of themselves
I still want to be aware of that severe an allergy so the peanut oil that might
be used in frying
doesn't splatter into the soup (or whatever -- this is just an example pulled out
of my ear).

Richenda