SC - choosing a Persona

Weaver8002@aol.com Weaver8002 at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 17:11:07 PDT 1999

My mundane children on the other hand were different:  My
daughter
Kristel Rhys
O'Ciaragain (MKA: Crystal) and Jason Throckmorton O'Cairagain
(MKA:
Jason)
understood their names while babies, but when they both reached
pre-teens they
wanted to change it.
<<<<<<<<<

I came up against that just last month at ATYC (Ansteorran
Twentiety Year Celebration).  I was standing and conversing with
a gentle, and mentioned that my children's names were my son,
Morgan Thorgiersson and my daughter Anora Thorgiersdottir.  They
have been known as this since they were born.

Wasn't I surprised when my daughter, now 8, interrupted me and
said, "No, mom, my SCA name is Cymbalina, and Morgan's name is
Eric."

Maybe the mom is the last to know.

Tyrca
===
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra