SC - Salted Meat- Need help unsalting

Jeff Heilveil heilveil at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 6 09:30:43 PDT 1999

My sister and I did use this recipe with geese that were donated to a feast
we cooked in Atlantia. We actually had to have some one kill and skin the
geese before we could use them in any of the recipes.

But it did go over very well.

Lady Caitlin of Enniskillen
(mka: Catherine Hartley)
currently residing in Barony of Bryn Madoc, Meridies

<snip>
Quite the reverse in fact - I´d be happy to discuss this.

>For instance, according to the (correct) Danish version of the "Icelandic
>chicken" recipe, this method was not only used for chicken, but for other
>birds, fish and meat as well. Is this something people have been doing?
>Then
>there´s their documentation for it. (I would like to try this with trout,
>or
>a small salmon.)

<snip>