SC - Comfort food

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Sat Aug 7 00:01:32 PDT 1999

Fiona asked:
> According to the quick ref, Genus Cyndonia and genus Chaenomeles in the Rose
> family are called quinces.  Cyndonia oblonga is the edible quince and is
> thornless.  The Chaenomeles are thorned and are ornamentals commonly
> referred to as flowering quinces.
>
>Would anyone have any suggestions for making jelly out of Quince?

Yes, see this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium. Too much info
and I don't have the time to quote all of it.
fruit-quinces-msg (26K)  4/ 9/99    Period uses and recipes for quinces.
http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/files/fruit-quinces-msg.html
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: