SC - Re: Comfort food

Wajdi a14h at zebra.net
Sat Aug 7 16:39:31 PDT 1999

Alasdair mac Iain wrote:
>Lima beans are great.  Brussels sprouts, on the other hand, are obviously
>an invention of the devil.

As a child i loved brussel sprouts, lima beans and spinach.

I've lost my love for brussel sprouts, although i still like them. I don't
know why people hate lima beans? Can this be explained?

One reason i loved brussel sprouts is that it's fun to eat them leaf by leaf...

And lima beans, i'd remove the skin with my teeth and then separate the
halves gently with tongue and teeth. That way they lasted longer. And i'd
have seconds.

Spinach - My mom always served it with sour cream and lemon slices. And i
still think it's delicious - and i've found new ways to eat it - such as
many varieties of spinach salad, and also the Thai dish Phra Ram (Rama
Bathing) served with a lightly spiced coconut milk-peanut sauce.

Anahita Munirah bint-Karim al-hakim al-Fassi