SC - Heresey about the Rock!!!!

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 08:43:40 PDT 1999

Hello!  The plant may have been Death Camass, Zigadenus species. It grows
throughout the US in sandy pinewoods, bogs, meadows, etc.  The plant
resembles wild onion, but does not have the smell of onions.

If it were an introduced plant, it may have been Fly Poison, Amianthium
muscaetoxicum. It grows in the sandy soil of bogs, and open woodland from
NJ to FL, and west to eastern OK and TX. This also does not have the smell
of onions.

Regards,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net