SC - Romantic Foods

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at swcp.com
Tue Aug 10 12:14:19 PDT 1999

- --- "James F. Johnson" <seumas at mind.net> wrote:
> I have peeled grapes for SOs and just to curveball others. Many joke
> about it, not that many actually take the time to do it. The trick is
> to remain suitably ceremonial about it while finishing the peeling,
> after the initial joke of actually doing it has worn off the others.

I too have done this, and it's amazing the response you get.  It's not
hard, it just takes a few minutes -- which is where the romance comes
in, naturally.  That you would take that time and bother for a tiny
mouthful for someone else can be perceived as very romantic.

Actually, my current SO is a single dad, so he always has to come up
with real meals, every day, no matter how tired he is or whether he's
hungry or not.  So just about anything _I_ cook thrills him, just
because he didn't have to cook it.  Applies almost as much to the
nights I make tacos for him and the kids as it does for the special
Valentine's Day souffle and cheesecake for just the two of us.  It's
the time and effort thing, mostly.  Applies to the time/effort of
planning and finding out your sweetie's particular likes/dislikes, too.

- -- Harriet