SC - OOP-Brownie points

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 13:11:00 PDT 1999

Greetings Lady Mordonna!
I think you and I will BOTH move elsewhere!  I understand hunting for sport
and for food.  What I DON'T understand is why the average person "needs" an
assault wepon - for ANY reason!

I like the idea of the average citizen being able to protect
themselves, big government, crooked cops, it's not just the " bad
guys" who are out there, now it's the suposed " good guys " too, an
armed society is a polite sosciety and all, best thing about places
like Vermont, don't need a permit to carry weapons,  state with the
lowest murder rate in the lower 48, and useually it's knives and
chain saws not guns, although assault weapons may be going too far

At the risk of getting out my soapbox  (heaven forbid!)  I feel that
I must say that I think this society  (mundane....not SCA) is in
sorry shape

I agree, for a country that's supose to be "one nation under God"
something has seriously gotten lost along the way

Fiona( who may regret this response, but who is leaving for war
tomorrow, so gets to duck alot of the flack).