SC - family values?

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Thu Aug 12 01:36:16 PDT 1999

I don't think the gun has anything at all to do with what has been happening.
It is the weapon, but it did not go off by itself.  What seems to be lacking
terribly in this country is good old fashioned moral values and the appreciation
of the differences of individuals.  It is a sad statement of fact that young
people can feel so alienated because of the treatment  received at the hands of
the "popular" youth they feel the need to go on a killing spree.  To think our
society produced/s someone capable of walking into a community center and
opening fire is a chilling thought indeed.  If we really want to see change then
all individuals need to take a stand and begin to live a good, moral life
without all the hate, greed, bigotry, gossip, drugs, "me" attitude, et al that
has become a part of the normal day to day living of our society.  We all need
to set good examples for our family and friends  and quit passing the buck.  The
assault weapon has little to do with the reason these things happen, you can buy
fertilizer and build a bomb for crying out loud!  I firmly believe personal
responsibility is the answer.

As the rock could not now be big enough, I have located a dark friendly cave and
will be there until the coast is clear.

Isabella