SC - Romantic Food

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Fri Aug 13 01:52:02 PDT 1999

Dear lady Emme: thank you for your insights. Now, in the Swedish Summer, with
shorts and bathing suits, period clothes and persona are far from my thoughts.
But in our harsh climat, with short summers, one can already smell autumn in the
air.

Ana

Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com wrote:

> Ana said <<My other fascination is the Crusades>>
> Ras said  >>Overdone.<<
>
> But Lord Ras, you just finished telling her to choose the kind of persona
> she is most interested in...and might I point out that she is in an
> entirely different part of the globe, perhaps there are different
> proportions out there...
>
> Ana, I have one suggestion beyond picking a time/place you're interested
> in.  Make sure you're going to be comfortable wearing the appropriate
> clothes!  I flirted briefly with a time period requiring corsets, figuring
> my discomfort was only because the garment was poorly made...but then I
> borrowed a well-made corset that actually fit me (as stated by the
> seamstress's Laurel Mistress)...and found that I wanted to RIP IT OFF AND
> RUN SCREAMING OUT OF THE HALL after about 35 minutes.  I've also seen
> people trying to wear light-weight Southern European clothing in cold
> climates--and heavy Northern European cloaks in hot weather.  It is worth
> considering.
>
> Also consider just going as "Ana" for a while, while you try out a few
> ideas.
>
> As for me, I picked the time period when cotehardies and hoopelands
> co-existed and when people wore marvellous headpieces, then picked a place
> where I could speak or read the prevailing languages to make research
> easier.  And I have found Marvellous Things one by one as I play with the
> time & place...Chaucer...The Battle of Poitiers...the introduction of hops
> into English ale...and most marvellously Curye on Inglische!
>
> Lady Emme Attewater

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora
Anas homepage/hemsida

http://www.algonet.se/~agora/ada
Anas och Evas ezine, in English and Swedish

http://www.dn.se
Under IT and Liv&Stil can you find Anas articles and links,
only in Swedish