SC - Mystery Recipes

Steve & Kerri Geppert emster at augustine.gci.net
Fri Aug 13 10:29:40 PDT 1999

Hi all,

Since this is the down time for the Cooks list I thought I
would take up space by bragging about the dinner we
cooked last night.

A gentleman in the barony does computer work for a
seafood restaurant and evidently can get paid in fish so
he brought over to our weekly open house a bunch of
seafood and turned us loose.

We made lobster salad, grilled teriyaki salmon, grilled
shrimp, steaks (for those less civilized tastes), and scallops
with butter and garlic, topped with breadcrumbs and parmesian
cheese, sprinkled with verjuice.
With this we had french peas and fresh asparagus plus hollandase
sauce and a wild mushroom w/cream sauce. Sourdough bread and
a baguette from a good bakery.
Dessert was key lime pie (naturally), lemon merangue pie and
watermelon.

I also now have a very nice shrimp/lobster stock in the freezer.

Just to let you know that Texans do sometimes eat fish. We
fed around ten happy people and I've got leftovers for lunch!

Yers,

Gunthar