SC - "Chocolate in a Period Form"

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 04:47:10 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: Laura C. Minnick <lcm at efn.org>
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Monday, August 16, 1999 16:52
Subject: Re: SC - A Dilemma on what to cook for Dinner-HELP!

>> >and
>> >medieval or
>
>Has anyone suggested looking at Lenten recipes? They're all over the
>place, many of them very suitable for tourney cooking, and tasty too!
>
>'Lainie

Lainie has a great idea here! Also check out Russian cookbooks for Lenten
recipes... the Orthodox are VERy strict about what can be eaten during great
Lent.

BTW, if you do drink milk I have a mushroom rice cassarole I can send you...
I took it to my Cathedral's anniversery dinner during Great Lent this year
and it vanished in a heart beat! It's not exacly made with eriod
ingrediants, but it looks period when you're finished...

Anya