SC - gyngerbrede help

David Dendy ddendy at silk.net
Tue Aug 17 09:03:00 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/17/1999 7:12:21 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
jstaplet at du.edu writes:

<< Count me in as one who's bothered and embarrassed, Noemi.  :-)   >>

Then my simple tresponse is, do something about it.  :->

Everyone here knows that chocolate as we know it isn't period so talking
about it in this forum doesn't do any good.  If it takes entering hot
chocolate using the Aztec recipie with a ton of documentation, then do it.
If it takes writing articles or teaching classes, do it.

I've chosen to not let it bother me because I don't know enough about period
cooking to really teach about it and since I tend to do more periodish food I
have no right to say anything.  I've also realized, after hearing a million
ways to justify it, and seeing it declared "period" by royal decree in a lot
of newsletters, that people really want to have it be period and this desire
reaches an almost religious fervor.  That makes it a battle I don't want to
be involved in.  I can tolerate chocolate far better than bad costume, saying
period food tastes bad, polyester or disrespect, so I've picked my points of
irritation and battles accordingly.

Noemi

PS.  If you are wondering what event just read the event articles in the OH
carefully.  Duncan had found it by the time I got home from work.