SC - oat cakes

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Aug 17 16:58:25 PDT 1999

Greetings unto the list,

OK, I got a problem.  I got diagnosed with high blood pressure,
and got put on a low fat diet.  Somebody told me oatmeal was good
for this, so I took a cup and a half of regular oat meal, and
ground it fine, into a flour like consistancy.  Added one egg and
beat 'em together.  Then thinned it out a bit with water, to
about the consistency of a loose cookie dough.  Heated a
cast-iron skillet, and pressed it out into a patty-like thing
about a quarter of an inch thick.  Cooked it a few minutes, then
flipped it; and kept flipping it until it felt done.  It wasn't
bad; next time I'll add a little bit of salt.  It was kind of the
consistancy of a thick middle eastern type bread, a little
heavier than pita.  I dunno if its perioid or not, but it ought
to help with the blood pressure.  Any comments??

wajdi