SC - oat cakes

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Aug 17 16:58:52 PDT 1999

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com wrote:
> Please!  If you've bought this stuff for incense purposes don't eat it
> without checking back with the people who sold it to you--many otherwise
> edible substances are treated in various ways.  Like seed barley sold to
> farmers can't be used to malt for beer because it has been treated with a
> non-too-pleasant fungicide, I would'nt want to risk eating a potpourri
> ingredient that's been likewise adulterated...

Sounds like a plan, Emme!  I had the good fortune to buy this batch of
sandalwood at a store, rather than the farmers' market, so there should be
a distributor/source, who can be contacted.

Actually, the food coloring did make a deep rich red.  I may just stay w/
that, especially if the herb store isn't sure about their sandalwood
source.  I'm doing this to create a checkerboard subtlety w/ marzipan
gaming pieces for a household dinner on 8/28, so I don't have much time to
experiment.  This weekend is shot, since I'm hosting the Bubonicon 31 Spoo
break, so I am booked solid making flarn, breen and spoo for the Con
Suite. (I have discovered that mini marshmallows substitute for baby spoo,
an anachronism in the other direction on the timeline -- 2250s).

playing w/ almond paste...

Ariann